appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Farm Stand Picnic Sammie




FarmStand Picnic Sammie


Favorite sub roll sliced in half almost all the way through
jar marinated artichoke hearts
roasted tomatoes (place 1/2'd tomatoes on cookie sheet drizzle with olive oil, salt pepper, gran garlic and dried thyme, place in 350                                           oven till perfectly roasted)
goats cheese
kalamata olives pitted and diced
basil pesto (i made my own, but you could use your favorite jarred brand. I happen to have a lovely herb garden so I tossed some                                                   basil leaves garlic, parmesan cheese toasted walnuts and toasted pinenuts, parm cheese and good fruity                                               olive oil in my food processor with salt and pepper to taste voila....)
I had left over grilled zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper so I used them this time but you can omit it you don't have them
Handful of green

I decided to make this a pannino...but it is great with toasted bread or just the roll as is...I liked how the pannini warmed the goat cheese ...yummolicious!!!!!

I spread the goat cheese on one side of the bread and the pesto on the other, then I placed the diced kalamata olives over both 1/2s.  Then I added the roasted tomatoes to the goat cheese side, and the artichoke to the pesto side. Add the grilled zucchini, mushrooms, pepper evenly over both. Close and place in your pannini press...if you don't have one use a saute pan with a brick wrapped in aluminum foil ... place brick on top and toast on side then flip and toast other side.  When it is toasted remove and add your greens...cut in half and take an enormous bit....Come on...try not to take another bite....This sandwich is also great at room temperature or right out of the fridge....

No comments: