appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On the Menu this Evening ~ Tuna Noodle Wiggle

Tuna Noodle Wiggle ~ One of my boys favorites!


This is one of the first dishes I mastered. I honestly did not cook until I went to college and discovered how creative it could be. It's a cheesy recipe!  I actually don't use canned soups in my ingredients but this one has to have campbells cream of mushroom soup.




To get my boys to eat more veggies, I saute onions, garlic, mushrooms and broccoli and add either white whine, or sherry, whatever I have on hand. Don;t cook it down so all the liquid evaporates, you want to add it to the casserole. 



Chose a large casserole dish. You can either use a shallow pan or a deep pan, it works great either way. Just make sure that it's big enough.   Combine a large can of the mushroom soup, shredded cheese ( I use what ever I have in my fridge from other recipes but always add some parmesan. My sons eat a ton of this so I cook two boxes of pasta, this one is cavatappi, but any short pasta works great, bowties are another favorite. Add the onion mixture, salt pepper 4 cans of tuna in water (don't get the oil one) add the tuna and the water, I add milk and or a little pasta water to loosen it up. Cook the pasta til just 2 minutes shy of directions. It will cook more in the oven and you don't want it to get mushy.


Combine the pasta with the cream mushroom mixture, top with breadcrumbs and crushed ritz crackers. Sprinkle cheese on top and a few dollops of butter and pop it into a 375 oven until the casserole is golden on top and the sauce is bubbly




No comments: