appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Saturday, February 16, 2013

On the menu this evening ~ Ciopinno and crab cakes! come on!

Ciopinno and Crab Cakes...

Ok so I bought a new camera on Ebay...will be here hopefully Tuesday! but try to see how yummy this stew is! Crab claws, shrimp, calamari, little neck clams, cod....so so so good!
I am not sure why I am on a fish kick lately but we are so lucky to have a great fish monger near us that it doesn't matter what time of year it is, we can enjoy fresh fish. New England Rocks!




I made this cioppinno and my older son Grey asked for some crab.  So I made my crab cakes. They stem from my ex husband who worked at legal seafood. He has cooked them for me before but they were very greasy.. (he'll even say I am a better cook than him)  So I made a version of his crab cakes...and they rocked!





Started with onions, celery, carrots, garlic and fennel. Can I just say here already it smells so good!



Added white wine, diced tomato, tarragon, bay leaf, lemon zest

Seafood stock and clam juice...yup clam juice
sauted some bacon lardons, garlic and capers...add it into the big stock pot!
cod...look at that beauty!



Crab claws...pricy but worth it!
Crab cake mixture... sshhhh it's a secret!
Who can identify some of the ingredients? You'll maybe win a prize!


So full, was so so good!



No comments: