appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bacon Jam 

This may sound weird, but I promise you it is going to become a staple in your kitchen. One of our favorite ways to use it is on top of a juicy burger.  Scrumptious!
Please let me know what you think.  

4 thick slices applewood-smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips 
1 large  onion, halved and thinly sliced 
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar 
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard 
tsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup of brewed coffee...

Cook the bacon and remove to a paper towel and add the onions, cook until soft and brown add the garlic and cook for a few minutes on low heat. Add coffee, balsamic, dijon, salt, pepper, mustard....I am not sure I love the cocoa so taste first to see if you think it needs it...I may try it with out it next time...cook until it is reduced....and soft and deep mahongany brown...I added a little water when it got to dry. Let it cool and pulse it in a food processor and that's it! 

No comments: