appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Slow Roasted Lemon Fennel Chicken

It was a lazy Sunday today and thought what would be better after a day spent in pj's than a slow roasted chicken dinner. So that is what I made. The house smells out of this word delicious. I actually made two chickens so that I can use the other one for later in the week. Thinking! :)

I used the rack this time I like to mix it up and I thought with the two chickies in one pan might make the bottom to mushy. I placed two whole celery stalks, onion quartered, sliced up some fennel and tossed in two whole carrots. I also put the neck and rest of the things in that icky bag at the bottom of the pan.



In a bowl I combine the lemon zest and the room temperature.

Rub the butter all over the chicken.
All over!

I quartered two lemons and peeled 4 cloves of garlic and quartered an onion. Stuff equally into the cavity of both chickens. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and I used herbs de provence this time. But just salt and pepper is great. I melt the remaining butter and use it to baste the birds during the cooking process.




Oh so good!


served it with stuffing, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed red kale with bacon. 


No comments: