appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pork Ramen Soup (homemade)

Pork Ramen Soup



My oldest son mentioned to me his list of foods that he would like to try. When he says pizza however he means actually consuming it in Italy! lol He's so cute. I have tried to make some recipes as authentic as I can. Since it is unlikely we will be venturing out to Japan anytime soon I prepared a homemade pork ramen soup last night while watching The Ramen Girl http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0806165/ .  I had a blast, the house smelled so fabulous and the dish was a smashing hit!  Sadly we have never had real ramen so we didn't have much to compare it to. I actually googled several recipes online and did my best to make a great ramen.


 I started out sauteing some of the pork in the wok, removing it when it was browned.

Then I added some grated ginger, garlic, scallions (whites only) miso paste, soy sauce and 2 boxes of chicken stock. added the remaining pork chops and poached them in the broth.




I removed the pork when it was poached cut into strips and set it a side. I added the veggies at this point. Bok choy, mushrooms, carrots, radish.



I didn't add the noodles to the large pot. I poured some broth into a smaller pot and cooked just enough added what we were gonna eat and set the broth aside to cool. 









































No comments: