appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

French Onion Soup


Well the weather experts are predicting another slow moving winter storm in our area. Not sure if we are on the rain of snow line but either way French Onion Soup is what is on the menu for tonight!  Yummy


Come on is there anything better than golden melty cheese!  This soup hits all my comfort food needs. 

I first saute some bacon lardon in as stock pot.Remove the crispy bacon bits and add a bit more oil if needed, add sliced onions. This time I caramelized several different types of onions. When the onions begin to turn golden, I add a bit of thyme and bay leaves.  Add a cup of maderia wine and let reduce. Add broth, I have made it with chicken, beef or veggie, whichever you have or prefer. I also add a rind of the Gruyere cheese into the pot, it adds a great flavor.


















No comments: