appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Slow Roasted Wicked Windy Day Chicken and the fixings

Roasted Wicked Windy Day Chicken and the Fixings!

We woke up this morning to no snow, or a dusting but not the storm that was predicted.  However the wind was whipping. It was cruelly drafty in my home so I thought lets make something that will take hours to slow cook! I have been cooking so very fatty fried foods so I am thinking chicken! I stuffed the cavity with lemon garlic and herbs. Rubbed the outside with olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs de provence. Set the oven to a low 300 degrees. Added some white wine to a roasting pan and two whole carrots and celery to hold the chicken off the pan. I brushed it with some melted butter after about 35 minutes and then continued to baste it with the juices in the pan. Smelled fabulous.  



I can't have roast chicken without my mom's delicious stuffing recipe smothered in gravy so I had some leftover sourdough bread from the other nights cioppino so I added it to the regular stuffing recipe. Added the bells seasoning, salt and pepper and put it in the oven.

I usually have mashed potatoes with my chicken but the boys have really been into the loaded baked potatoes I make. So I thought why not dice up the potatoes, add bacon and roast in the oven with the chicken until crispy. Then add some cheese serve with a dollop of sour cream. They were a huge hit!

I really liked the crispy potatoes and the cheese kind of like a hashbrownesque feel! Delish...





I also made dessert tonight. I saw this on my friend Sharon T's facebook. I didn't really copy her recipe just liked the top of the apple with the pie crust! So used my own recipe for apple pie filling. Looks so cute!


My son Grey doesn't like anything called pie...he is not a huge crust kinda guy so I saw this and thought I'd give it a shot. He likes the filling of an apple pie so it's a win win! 













No comments: