appetizers, chicken recipes, meat recipes, seafood recipes, desserts

Get this tabber widget

Saturday, January 26, 2013

On the Menu this Evening ~ Vegetable Lasagna with homemade noodles

This meal is inspired by Stouffer's vegetable lasagna. I tweaked this recipe a bit by adding ricotta cheese to 1/2 of the veggie mixture. It just doesn't feel like lasagna without ricotta. I made a béchamel sauce and I made fresh a pasta noodles that do not need to be cooked first. They are super thin so it helps to save some calories but this is by no means a low cal meal.


I used shredded carrots, diced broccoli, chopped spinach, diced onions and minced garlic to which I added an egg, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese salt and pepper. I took 1/2 this mixture and incorporated ricotta cheese. To assemble I put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of my lasagna pan then placed a single layer of the fresh lasagna noodles. Spread out the ricotta mixture over the noodles then a layer of just the veggies top with mozzarella and parm cheese and smear on more sauce. Continue until you reach the top of the pan. Place one last top of noodles the remaining béchamel mozzarella cheese Parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumbs. Dollop some butter on the top and place in a 400 oven until bubbly and golden on top. I covered mine for first 20 minutes then removed foil. Big hit with the boys .




































No comments: